- Tous > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Antimicrobial Drug Resistance
- Tous > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Rational Use
- Mots-clés > antimicrobial resistance (AMR)
- Mots-clés > bacterial infections
- Mots-clés > hand hygiene
- Mots-clés > hospital-acquired infections
- Mots-clés > infection control
- Mots-clés > Infection Control Assessment Tool (ICAT)
- Mots-clés > infection prevention
- Mots-clés > Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA)
- Mots-clés > nosocomial infections
- Mots-clés > waste management
(2012; 45 pages)
Briggs, C. J. 2012. Infection Control in Guatemala: Life of Project Report. 2008-2011. Submitted to the US Agency for International Development by the Strengthening Pharmaceutical Systems (SPS) Program. Arlington, VA: Management Sciences for Health.
Under USAID’s (US Agency for International Development) Rational Pharmaceutical Management Plus (RPM Plus) program (now Strengthening Pharmaceutical Systems, SPS) implemented by Management Sciences for Health, a self-assessment and quality improvement approach (shown graphically in annex 1) for district and provincial hospitals was developed. The approach uses an infection control self-assessment tool (ICAT) of 21 modules (listed in annex 2) and rapid cycle quality improvement (RCQI) methods (annex 3) to identify problems and orient the development and implementation of low-cost interventions.