- Mots-clés > central drug purchasing agency
- Mots-clés > distribution - central warehouses to service delivery points (SDPs)
- Mots-clés > distribution and storage system
- Mots-clés > facility design and construction
- Mots-clés > handling (distribution; storage and transportation)
- Mots-clés > inventory management
- Mots-clés > logistics management information system (LMIS)
- Mots-clés > procurement - supplier performance
- Mots-clés > Standards Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Mots-clés > warehouse management system
(2014; 100 pages)
White, J., Goredema, W., Gaparayi, P., van Buuren, A. and J. Horrocks. 2014. Technical Assistance to Strengthen the Angola Central Medical Warehouse System. Submitted to the US Agency for International Development by the Systems for Improved Access to Pharmaceuticals and Services (SIAPS) Program. Arlington, VA: Management Sciences for Health.
The US Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded program, Systems for Improved Access to Pharmaceuticals and Services (SIAPS), implemented by Management Sciences for Health (MSH), has been providing technical assistance to the Angola Ministry of Health (MOH) to improve pharmaceutical management since 2011. An analysis of the Angolan public health supply chain system conducted in November/December 2012 found that the Central Procurement Agency for Medicines and Medical Supplies (Central de Compras de Medicamentos e Meios Medicos de Angola—CECOMA) needed to improve its warehouse management processes, update its procedures, review and improve its human resource capacity development strategies as well as develop and implement key performance indicators (KPI). The resulting report included short- and long-term recommendations and a high-level implementation plan.
The purpose of this activity was to design and implement warehouse operations system improvements for CECOMA, and to design and implement a human resource capability development and performance improvement (HRCD&PI) program based on the identified gaps.