- Palabras clave > antibacterial resistance (ABR)
- Palabras clave > antibiotic resistance
- Palabras clave > antimicrobial resistance (AMR)
- Palabras clave > antimicrobial resistance surveillance
- Palabras clave > antimicrobial susceptibility testing (AST)
- Palabras clave > containment of antimicrobial resistance
- Palabras clave > drug resistance, microbial
- Palabras clave > resistance - antibacterial drugs
- Palabras clave > situation analysis
- Palabras clave > surveillance - antibiotic resistance and antibiotic use
- Palabras clave > confinement antimicrobien
(2016; 148 pages)
This report describes resistance data from seven countries and Kosovo (in accordance with United Nations Security Council resolution 1244 (1999)) in the WHO European Region gathered through the Central Asian and Eastern European Surveillance of Antimicrobial Resistance (CAESAR) network.
Guidance is provided to the reader on how to interpret the surveillance data with caution, taking conditions outside the direct control of the national antimicrobial resistance surveillance system into account, which may reduce the reliability and representativeness of the data.
The aim of this report is to create awareness about the current antibiotic resistance situation and advocate AMR control policies in participating countries. In addition, this report aims to provide guidance and inspiration to countries that are building or strengthening their national antimicrobial resistance surveillance and stimulate the sharing of data internationally.
WHO and its partners remain committed to support countries in these endeavours through the activities of the CAESAR network.