- Todos > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Counterfeit Medicines
- Todos > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Quality Assurance
- Todos > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Regulatory Support
- Todos > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Safety and Efficacy
- Palabras clave > drug quality assurance
- Palabras clave > Good Practices for Pharmaceutical Quality Control Laboratories (GPCL)
- Palabras clave > national control laboratory (NCL)
- Palabras clave > National pharmaceutical quality control laboratories
- Palabras clave > quality management system (QMS) for NRA/NCL
- Palabras clave > quality of medicines
- Palabras clave > quality tests - medicines
- Palabras clave > sampling and testing - medicines
- Palabras clave > SSFFC medical products - surveillance and monitoring
- Palabras clave > testing - analysis of medicines and active pharmaceutical ingredients
(2015; 19 pages)
Medicine Transparency Alliance (MeTA) is a multi-stakeholder alliance of governments, development partners, private sector and civil society working to improve access to medicines through information disclosure in the health care market place. MeTA works at national and international levels to improve flow of information and increase transparency and accountability about selection, regulation, procurement, sale, distribution and use of medicines.
Although quality of medicines is everyone’s responsibility, it is a problem that affects the entire country and therefore is best managed and delivered when the community participates. Hence MeTA, in conjunction with Ministry of Health, convened a multi-stakeholder’s forum to discuss the quality of medicines under the theme “Improving Public Confidence in the Quality of Medicines in Uganda (QoM)”.
The objective of the meeting was to share information related to quality of medicines and to seek multi-stakeholder engagements to improve the quality of medicines in Uganda.