- Palabras clave > essential medicines
- Palabras clave > Essential Medicines List (EML)
- Palabras clave > national medicines list
- Palabras clave > National Reimbursement Medicine List (NRML)
- Palabras clave > national treatment guidelines
- Palabras clave > selection of medicines
- Palabras clave > Standard Treatment Guidelines
(2015; 94 pages)
The Wise List for recommended essential medicines for common diseases in patients in Stockholm County Council has gained international interest. The Stockholm Drug and Therapeutics Committee has been asked to publish the Wise List in English for the benefit of interested colleagues and institutions.
The Wise List concept was designed and introduced in 2001. The aim is to improve the quality of medicine prescribing and use in Stockholm metropolitan region.
The English edition will hopefully inspire colleagues and other Drug and Therapeutics Committees (DTC) to develop their own formulary to be used as an indispensable part of daily clinical work. It is important that each DTC make their own selections and recommendations based on an agreed guideline for evaluating efficacy, safety and medical suitability of medicines, considering the importance of a policy to handle conflict of interest.