- Palabras clave > contraceptive supplies
- Palabras clave > estimating drug requirements
- Palabras clave > family planning - commodities
- Palabras clave > quantification - forecasting of medicines and supplies
- Palabras clave > quantification - pharmaceutical requirements
- Palabras clave > quantification of commodities
- Palabras clave > Reproductive Health Commodity Security (RHCS)
(2011; 84 pages)
USAID | DELIVER PROJECT, Task Order 4. 2011. Quantification of Health Commodities: Contraceptive Companion Guide. Forecasting Consumption of Contraceptive Supplies. Arlington, Va.: USAID | DELIVER PROJECT, Task Order 4.
This guide should be used with the main guide—Quantification of Health Commodities: A Guide to Forecasting and Supply Planning for Procurement. The companion guide will assist program managers, service providers, and technical experts when conducting a quantification of commodity needs and costs for short-acting, long-acting, and permanent methods of contraception. The guide describes the steps in forecasting consumption of contraceptive supplies; after which, to complete the quantification, the users should refer to the main quantification guide for the supply planning step.
This companion guide also presents a suggested forecasting methodology for the long-acting and permanent methods of contraception (LA/PM) which includes the additional medical instruments, expendable medical supplies, pain management drugs, and infection prevention supplies required to provide quality LA/PM services.