- Todos > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Pricing
- Todos > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Supply Management
- Palabras clave > antimalarials – supply and distribution
- Palabras clave > Artemisinin based Combination Therapies (ACT)
- Palabras clave > costs - in-country distribution
- Palabras clave > distribution - central warehouses to service delivery points (SDPs)
- Palabras clave > distribution costs
- Palabras clave > medicines cost
- Palabras clave > pharmaceutical supply chain
- Palabras clave > procurement
- Palabras clave > procurement - RDTs for malaria
- Palabras clave > storage and distribution
(2014; 63 pages)
SIAPS. 2014. Estimating the In-Country Distribution Costs of Malaria Commodities in Benin and Kenya. Submitted to the US Agency for International Development by the Systems for Improved Access to Pharmaceuticals and Services (SIAPS) Program. Arlington, VA: Management Sciences for Health.
This report estimates the cost of the Kenyan and Beninese distribution networks for artemisinin-based combination therapies (ACTs) and rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs) in the public sector. Based on this work, we created an extrapolative model to allow donors and country budget planners to quickly and effectively estimate distribution costs for country roadmaps. This model is presented in a separate document.