- Palabras clave > centralised purchasing model
- Palabras clave > centralized and decentralized procurement
- Palabras clave > financial planning and management
- Palabras clave > Integrated System for Medicines and Supplies Management
- Palabras clave > medicines supply systems
- Palabras clave > price negotiations
- Palabras clave > procurement and supply management (PSM)
- Palabras clave > procurement cycle - (planning and budgeting/purchasing activity/contract management)
- Palabras clave > quantification - forecasting of medicines and supplies
- Palabras clave > supply planning
(2014; 25 pages) [Spanish]
National Pharmaceutical Management Unit, Ministry of Public Health. 2014. Programming the Purchase of Medicines and Supplies in the Dominican Republic’s Public Health System. Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, July 2014. Presented to the US Agency for International Development by the Systems for Improved Access to Pharmaceuticals and Services (SIAPS) Program. Arlington, VA: Management Sciences for Health.
Until 2010, estimates and programming for the purchase of medicines and supplies in the Dominican Republic’s public health sector were carried out by each individual health facility without the benefit of a standardized methodology. In 2011, the Ministry of Public health, with the support of SIAPS, conducted a series of national procurement programming exercises using a standard methodology. These programming exercises are making it possible to ascertain for the first time that the resources allocated by the Ministry of Finance were insufficient to finance the needs for medicines and supplies as estimated in the programming exercises.