- Todos > Health Technology Management > Donations
- Todos > Medical Devices > Equipment
- Todos > Medical Devices > Policies
- Palabras clave > access to health technologies
- Palabras clave > donation of medical supplies
- Palabras clave > donations
- Palabras clave > donations - medical devices
- Palabras clave > donations of medical equipment
- Palabras clave > Good Donation Practices
- Palabras clave > health care equipment donations
- Palabras clave > health technologies
- Palabras clave > laboratory supplies and equipment
- Palabras clave > medical devices (MD)
(2011; 26 pages) [Chinese] [French] [Spanish]
The health sectors of many developing countries rely signifi cantly on donations of medical devices and medical equipment (also referred to in this document as “healthcare equipment” or “equipment”). Although these donations are generally made with good intentions, the outcomes are not always positive if the donations are not properly planned and coordinated.
This document provides an overview of the issues and challenges surrounding medical device donations, and offers considerations and best practices that may be useful for making and soliciting donations. The document highlights the importance of an active participatory role for the intended recipients of medical equipment donations and emphasizes the importance of treating donations with the same rigour typically applied when purchasing medical equipment.