- Todos > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Quality Assurance
- Todos > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Regulatory Support
- Todos > WHO Prequalification of Medical Products > WHO-UNICEF-UN Project
- Palabras clave > African Medicines Regulatory Harmonization (AMRH)
- Palabras clave > harmonization - medicines registration
- Palabras clave > harmonization of medicines regulation
- Palabras clave > International Conference of Drug Regulatory Authorities (ICDRA)
- Palabras clave > International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH)
- Palabras clave > international harmonization
- Palabras clave > medicines registration
- Palabras clave > medicines regulation
- Palabras clave > medicines regulatory authority (MRA)
- Palabras clave > regulation
(2014; 5 pages)
The African Medicines Regulatory Harmonization (AMRH) initiative works with Regional Economic Communities (RECs) to increase access to good quality, safe and effective medicines through harmonizing medicines regulations, and expediting registration of essential medicines.
Encouraging progress has been achieved in the East African Community (EAC), where a harmonized medicines registration system is being set up. Continued advocacy and political support by the New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) and technical support by WHO are critical for its continued success.