- Todos > Medicine Information and Evidence for Policy > Medicines Policy
- Todos > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Supply Management
- Todos > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Counterfeit Medicines
- Palabras clave > access to health services
- Palabras clave > competition - pharmaceutical sector
- Palabras clave > drug registration
- Palabras clave > legislation
- Palabras clave > parallel importation
- Palabras clave > patent-protected pharmaceutical products - purchase and import
- Palabras clave > pharmaceuticals - falsified, counterfeit
- Palabras clave > Trade Related Aspects of the Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS)
- Palabras clave > TRIPS flexibilities
(2006; 11 pages)
The Pharmaceutical Industry plays an important role in the provision of health care in Kenya. Trade in pharmaceuticals also accounts for a substantial portion of the country’s Gross Domestic Product.
Over the last couple of years, there has been a considerable concern among the stakeholders of this industry on the issue of Parallel Importation and Illegal Trade in Pharmaceuticals.