- Todos > Medicine Information and Evidence for Policy > Information and Publications
- Todos > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Counterfeit Medicines
- Todos > Quality and Safety: Medicines > International Nonproprietary Names
- Todos > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Quality Assurance
- Todos > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Regulatory Support
- Todos > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Safety and Efficacy
- Todos > Quality and Safety: Medicines > The International Pharmacopoeia
- Todos > WHO Prequalification of Medical Products > WHO-UNICEF-UN Project
- Palabras clave > ATC/DDD Classification
- Palabras clave > counterfeit drugs
- Palabras clave > counterfeiting - measures to combat
- Palabras clave > efficacy and safety of medicines
- Palabras clave > International Nonproprietary Names (INN)
- Palabras clave > International Pharmacopoeia (The)
- Palabras clave > quality assurance
- Palabras clave > regulatory matters
- Palabras clave > SSFFC medical products - surveillance and monitoring
- Palabras clave > substandard/spurious/falsely-labelled/falsified/counterfeit medicines (SSFFC)
(2013; 115 pages)
The second issue for 2013 presents a feature article on a new WHO surveillance and monitoring system for combatting SSFFC medical products. The existence of substandard/spurious/falsely-labelled/falsified and counterfeit (SSFFC) medical products is increasingly recognized as representing a significant threat to human health. The system is based on submission of a Rapid Alert Form to encourage a more systematic method of reporting. The project will significantly improve the quantity and quality of data and will enable detailed analysis and validation of incidents to facilitate rapid intervention.
The section on Safety and Efficacy highlights information on signals and reports of adverse drug reactions, with other news from around the world, including labelling changes. This is complemented by the section on Regulatory Action and News which provides information on recent developments from regulatory authorities, and particularly those having an impact on decision-making and risk assessment.
The pharmacopoeia is a public tool which maintains quality of medicines by collecting recommended procedures for analysis and specifications for the determination of pharmaceutical substances, excipients and dosage forms. A summary of the report from the 2012 WHO-organized International Meeting of World Pharmacopoeias is presented, including an update on specific action taken by pharmacopoeias worldwide to harmonize and coordinate action.
Recent Publications, Information and Events, provides information and brief summaries of several recently-published documents and online resources. This is followed by a section containing the ATC/DDD Classification temporary and final lists.
The journal concludes with the 109th Proposed List of International Nonproprietary Names (INN).