- Palabras clave > handling (distribution; storage and transportation)
- Palabras clave > health commodities
- Palabras clave > inventory control
- Palabras clave > logistics system
- Palabras clave > procurement - procedures & processes
- Palabras clave > quantification
- Palabras clave > selection process
- Palabras clave > supply chain management
(2011; 174 pages) [English] [French] [Portuguese] [Spanish]
USAID | DELIVER PROJECT,Task Order 1. 2011. The Logistics Handbook: A Practical Guide for the Supply Chain Management of Health Commodities. Arlington, Va.: USAID | DELIVER PROJECT, Task Order 1. Second edition (First edition 1998)
The Logistics Handbook: A Practical Guide for the Supply Chain Management of Health Commodities offers practical guidance in managing the supply chain, with an emphasis on health commodities. This handbook will be particularly useful for program managers who design, manage, and assess logistics systems for health programs. In addition, policymakers, system stakeholders, and anyone working in logistics will also find it helpful as a system overview and overall approach.
Key terms and concepts are clearly defined and explained; the document includes detailed information about the design and implementation of logistics management information systems and inventory control systems. Overviews of quantification, procurement processes, as well as storage, transport, and product selection, are also included.