- All > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Better Medicines for Children
- All > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Selection
- Keywords > Essential Medicines List (EML)
- Keywords > Essential Medicines List for children - EMLc
- Keywords > medicines utilization
- Keywords > paediatric medicines
- Keywords > use of medicines
- Keywords > WHO expert committee
- Keywords > WHO Model List of Essential Medicines
- Keywords > médicaments pédiatriques
- Keywords > medicamentos pediátricos
- Keywords > uso de medicamentos
(2019; 45 pages)
The core list presents a list of minimum medicine needs for a basic health-care system, listing the most efficacious, safe and cost-effective medicines for priority conditions. Priority conditions are selected on the basis of current and estimated future public health relevance, and potential for safe and cost-effective treatment.
The complementary list presents essential medicines for priority diseases, for which specialized diagnostic or monitoring facilities, and/or specialist medical care, and/or specialist training are needed. In case of doubt medicines may also be listed as complementary on the basis of consistent higher costs or less attractive cost–effectiveness in a variety of settings.