- Keywords > equipment and supplies - hospital
- Keywords > equipment management
- Keywords > medical equipment
- Keywords > medical supplies and equipment
- Keywords > price competition
- Keywords > prices - medical equipment
- Keywords > procurement and management of equipment
- Keywords > procurement and supply management (PSM)
- Keywords > procurement cycle - (planning and budgeting/purchasing activity/contract management)
(2016; 53 pages)
Roshni FS, Zahid A, Hussain Z, et al. 2016. Pricing Guide, Medical Equipment. Submitted to the US Agency for International Development by the Systems for Improved Access to Pharmaceuticals and Services (SIAPS) Program. Arlington, VA: Management Sciences for Health.
Medical equipment items are the most expensive material goods in a health care facility. As part of technical assistance from USAID-supported SIAPS (implemented by MSH) to ensure access to quality products, we have developed a standard table of organization and equipment (TOE) in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW). This TOE is a prerequisite tool of health care technology management for equipment used at 10-, 20-, 50-, 250-, and 500-bed health facilities.
This Pricing Guide (PG) provides reasonable and reliable information on medical equipment prices based on specifications mostly reflected in the TOE. The information in this PG builds on Central Medical Stores Depot (CMSD) data from past orders, local suppliers information, extracts from various websites, informed estimates based on past experiences and consultant’s own database.
We hope this PG will provide the necessary information about the estimated prices that might be required during planning and evaluation of the procurement of medical equipment to help the different components of the MOHFW’s procurement and supply management cycles make informed decisions when procuring medical equipment from different entities.