- Keywords > building and installations
- Keywords > central medical store
- Keywords > Infrastructure Development
- Keywords > inventory management
- Keywords > logistics management information system (LMIS)
- Keywords > medical supplies and equipment - procurement, storage, stock control
- Keywords > national medical stores (NMS)
- Keywords > pharmaceutical logistics management systems
- Keywords > supply chain management
- Keywords > warehouse management system
(2016; 39 pages)
Report on Strengthening Warehouse Management System for the Pharmacie Populaire du Mali: Submitted to the US Agency for International Development by the Systems for Improved Access to Pharmaceuticals and Services (SIAPS) Program. Arlington, VA: Management Sciences for Health.
PPM is a strategic health commodities supply chain entity for the government of Mali. It operates under a performance contract with the government that is renewable every three years. The performance contract expects PPM to offer public health facilities and programs the best possible service level in terms of product availability and quality service.
Since its inception, PPM has strived to offer the best possible supply chain services, particularly procurement and distribution of health commodities, to its clients. However, while providing services, PPM has experienced a number of challenges, such as a low service level for essential health commodities, inadequate funding, and inadequate HR capacity in terms of both numbers and skills.
With an understanding of the challenges and in response to various assessments, reviews, and recommendations from stakeholders, PPM asked for technical assistance from the USAID- funded SIAPS Program to guide the best strategies to improve and strengthen PPM’s supply chain and SOPs. In response, SIAPS conducted an in-depth analysis of the current PPM operations and identified issues to be addressed, with a focus on the entire PPM supply chain system rather than just one or two areas of intervention. Among the areas assessed was the PPM MIS.