- All > Health Technology Regulations > Standards
- All > Emergency and Essential Surgical Care > Equipment
- Keywords > equipment and supplies - hospital
- Keywords > equipment management
- Keywords > maintenance
- Keywords > medical device management
- Keywords > medical devices (MD)
- Keywords > medical equipment
- Keywords > medical equipment - inspection and preventive maintenance (IPM)
- Keywords > organization and management
- Keywords > quality control – specifications and tests
(2016; 85 pages)
Roshni, F. S., Zahid, A., Daniel, G., Hussain, Z., Germoni, F. and Hossain, A. 2016. Table of Organization and Equipment for 10-, 20-, 50- , 250- and 500-Bed Hospitals in Bangladesh: Standardization of Medical Equipment. Submitted to the US Agency for International Development by the Systems for Improved Access to Pharmaceuticals and Services (SIAPS) Program. Arlington, VA: Management Sciences for Health.
The System for Improved Access to Pharmaceuticals and Services (SIAPS) Program, funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by Management Sciences for Health (MSH), in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW) developed this Standard Table of Organization and Equipment (TOE) for public health care facilities in Bangladesh under the MOHFW. The goal of this activity is to ensure access to high quality and safe public health services through the standardization and optimal use of medical equipment at all service delivery points as well as their needs-based procurement.
The TOE is intended to be used by the health care system as a national guideline for the planning and standardization of medical equipment at health-facility levels. This document provides tables/standard lists of equipment for 10-, 20-, and 50-bed health facilities at the primary level (Annexes A, B, and C); 250-bed health facilities at the secondary level (Annex D); and 500-bed health facilities at the tertiary level (Annex E).