Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Traditional Medicine
Director / Head:
Tran Quoc Binh
National Hospital of Traditional Medicine
29, Nguyen Binh Khiem, - 844 Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Ha Noi, Viet Nam
(84-4) 3826 3616
(84-4) 3822 9353
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To provide technical support to the national network of traditional medicine including provincial, district & community levels. .
- To create an model of integrated medicine in the examination and treatment work which is applicable to other countries and areas
- To provide support to WHO to promote safety and efficacy of TM as well as the study on the application of non-medication therapies
- To provide training opportunities for both international and national staffs of traditional medicine
- To serve as a coordinating centre for information exchange on traditional medicine within Vietnam & between countries.
- Traditional medicine
Types of activity:
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.1 - Management and organization of integrated, population-based health-service delivery through public and nonpublic providers and networks improved, reflecting the primary health care strategy, scaling up coverage, equity, quality and safety of personal and population-based health services, and enhancing health outcomes.
10.2 - National capacities for governance and leadership improved through evidence-based policy dialogue, institutional capacity-building for policy analysis and development, strategy-based health system performance assessment, greater transparency and accountability for performance, and more effective intersectoral collaboration.
+63 2 5289844
+41 22 79 13698
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork