Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Promoting Family and Child Health
Director / Head:
Dr. Berman Stephen
Center for Global Health
University of Colorado School of Public Health
13199 E Montview Blvd, Suite 310
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- TOR 1: To work with WHO and PAHO to assist countries in reducing health inequity and excessive morbidity and mortality for maternal, infant, child and adolescent populations.
- TOR 2: To assist WHO/PAHO in accelerating vaccine research and implementation to reduce inequity in infant and maternal morbidity and mortality among resource-limited populations.
- TOR 3: To work with WHO/PAHO to assist vulnerable communities and countries to become better trained in disaster preparedness in ways that will address the needs of children using the Pediatrics in Disasters training materials.
- TOR 4: To assist WHO/PAHO in developing, introducing and assessing mobile technologies that will enhance maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health.
- Child & maternal health
- Health promotion & education
- Emergency & humanitarian action
Types of activity:
3.1.2 - Countries’ capacity strengthened to expand high-quality interventions to improve child health and early child development and end preventable child deaths, including from pneumonia and diarrhoea
3.4.2 - Effective guidance to countries to mainstream social determinants of health in all WHO programmes
5.1.2 - WHO has the capacity to provide evidence-based and timely policy guidance, risk assessment, information management and communications for all acute public health emergencies
DURAN Adrian Pablo
+41 22 791 3766
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork