Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Consumer Health Informatics
Director / Head:
Dr Sarah Alameddine
College of Pharmacy Center for Consumer Health Informatics Research
Nova Southeastern University
11501 North Military Trail
Palm Beach Gardens
+1 (800) 541-6682
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Contribute to the development of a consumer health informatics research agenda with WHO.
- At the request of WHO, evaluate the roles of new media and mobile health (mHealth) in the fair and equitable provision of quality health and medicines information.
- Assess and characterize evolving online health-related risks to contribute to the WHO eHealth agenda, based on SO 10.7 and WHA Resolution 58.28.
- At the request of WHO/PAHO, create international postgraduate training opportunities in health informatics.
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
- Informatics and Telemedicine
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Training and education
4.4.2 - Countries enabled to plan, develop and implement an eHealth strategy
DZENOWAGIS Joan Helen
+41 22 791 2504
NOVILLO ORTIZ David
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork