Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Injuries, Violence and Accident Prevention
Director / Head:
Dr. Adnan Hyder
International Health Department
Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health
615 North Wolfe Street, Suite E-8132
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Assist PAHO and WHO to prevent and reduce disease, disability and premature death from violence and injuries
- Assist PAHO and WHO in training and capacity development for injury and violence prevention
- Assist PAHO and WHO in setting priorities for research in injury prevention for the Americas and globally
- Together with WHO/PAHO monitor road safety programs in selected countries under the Road Safety in Ten Countries project
- Injuries; violence & accident prevention
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
3.4 - Improved evidence compiled by WHO on the cost-effectiveness of interventions to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological and substance-use disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
RODRIGUES Eugenia Maria
KRUG Etienne G.G.
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork