Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Public Health Informatics
Director / Head:
Dr Wei Li
The Center for Global Health, Division of Global Health Protection, Global Health Security Branch, Systems and Planning Team
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
1600 Clifton Road, Mail Stop A-05
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Support informatics efforts pertaining to Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) framework in national programs participating within Africa
- Augment WHO/KMS eHealth unit efforts in the cataloguing of existing eHealth and Health Information Systems standards, developing eHealth Information Standards assessment tool; developing Roster of Experts in health data standards and developing recommendations for minimum data standards for routine disease surveillance systems.
- Enhance global informatics science and scientific exchange through support to an annual event for health informatics information exchange.
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
- Communicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
- Informatics and Telemedicine
Types of activity:
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Outbreaks and emergencies
Ower: 1.6 - Support provided to Member States in order to achieve the minimum core capacities required by the International Health Regulations (2005) for the establishment and strengthening of alert and response systems for use in epidemics and other public health emergencies of international concern.
Ower: 10.4 - Country health-information systems that provide and use high-quality and timely information for health planning and for monitoring progress towards national and major international goals strengthened.
Ower: 10.7 - Knowledge management and eHealth policies and strategies developed and implemented in order to strengthen health systems.
DZENOWAGIS Joan Helen
+41 22 791 2504
D'AGOSTINO Marcelo Jose
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork