Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Public Health Informatics
Director / Head:
National Center for Public Health Informatics /Coordinating Center For Health Information and Service (NCPHI/CCHIS)
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
2500 Century Parkway, MS E-91
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. Provide informatics support to the implementation of the International Health Regulations (IHR) 2005.
- 2. Contribute to global informatics partnerships, standards, and architecture.
- 3. Provide country or sub-country level information systems development support.
- 4. Enable data exchange and collaborative development and sharing of tools and services using enabling technologies such as grid
- 5. Develop and apply appropriate informatics methodologies and solutions appropriate to specific settings.
- 6. Contribute to global informatics capacity development and expertise
- 7. Provide scientific and experience exchange and learning forums that foster informatics best practices, principles, and strategies
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
- Communicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Outbreaks and emergencies
WHO organization wide expected result:
1.6 - Support provided to Member States in order to achieve the minimum core capacities required by the International Health Regulations (2005) for the establishment and strengthening of alert and response systems for use in epidemics and other public health emergencies of international concern.
10.4 - Country health-information systems that provide and use high-quality and timely information for health planning and for monitoring progress towards national and major international goals strengthened.
10.7 - Knowledge management and eHealth policies and strategies developed and implemented in order to strengthen health systems.
KRISHNAMURTHY Ramesha Saligrama
+41 22 79 11405
MARINHO DE SOUZA Maria de Fatima
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork