Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre in Ethics and Global Health Policy
Director / Head:
Prof. Kenneth W. Goodman
University of Miami
1400 NW 10th Ave.Suite 916 (M-825)
(305) 243 5723
(305) 243 6416
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To collaborate with WHO/PAHO in the sponsorship, organization and/or delivery of conferences, workshops and special programs on issues and challenges at the intersection of ethics and global health care and policy.
- To collaborate with WHO/PAHO in the identification and development of curricula and other resources in research ethics, ethics and epidemiology, public health and other topics as needed.
- To collaborate with WHO/PAHO in the advancement of international understanding of ethical and policy issues arising from research, development and use of information and communication technologies.
- To contribute to WHO/PAHO's efforts in capacity building in ethics and public health, and to develop networking with other collaborating centers, institutional partners, and experts
- Health legislation and human rights
- Research policy & development
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Information dissemination
Ower: 7.4 - Ethics- and human rights-based approaches to health promoted within WHO and at national and global levels.
SAENZ BRESCIANI Carla
REIS Andreas Alois
+41 22 79 13932
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork