Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Occupational Health
Director / Head:
Dr. Janine Jagger
International Healthcare Worker Safety Center (IHWSC)
University of Virginia
International Healthcare Worker Safety Center, University of Virginia Health System, PO Box 800764
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- TOR 1- Provision of technical training, tool development and assistance in occupational health and safety, with emphasis on occupational health blood exposure surveillance system (EPINet).
- TOR 2- Dissemination of scientific information related to the prevention of occupationally acquired bloodborne diseases among healthcare workers.
- TOR 3- Provision of technical expertise to PAHO/WHO member states in applied research (research design, data collection and analysis) and epidemiology on prevention and control of occupationally acquired bloodborne diseases.
- TOR 4- Creation of Latin-American network of EPINet surveillance users for collaboration, data sharing, and policy development.
- Occupational health
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Collection and collation of information
Ower: 8.3 - Technical assistance and support provided to Member States for strengthening national occupational and environmental health risk management systems, functions and services.
RODRIGUEZ GUZMAN Julietta
KORTUM Evelyn G.
+41 22 791 3531
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork