Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Evidence-Based Chronic Disease Prevention and Control
Director / Head:
Prof. Ross BROWNSON
Prof. William TRUE
Prevention Research Center
Saint Louis University School of Public Health
3545 Lafayette Avenue St. Louis,
(1-314) 977 8110 / 977 8113
(1-314) 977 3224 / 977 8150
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- To conduct collaborative research on the prevention & control of chronic, non-communicable diseases in CARMEN & CINDI countries, with a view to strengthening interventions, as well as monitoring & evaluation initiatives. .
- Design, develop & disseminate appropriate curricula & course didactic materials related to evidence-based public health practice in support of chronic disease prevention & control
- To enhance the capacity of relevant professionals through training in evidence-based public health practice via the vehicles of the CARMEN School & the CINDI Train-the-Trainer Initiative.
- To assist PAHO & WHO in the preparation of technical documents & publications.
- To provide annual reports summarizing the activities undertaken by the center.
- Cardiovascular diseases
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
MENDIS Shanthi P.B.
+41 22 79 13441
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork