Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre on Tobacco Control Policy Development
Director / Head:
Professor Stanton Glantz
Center for Tobacco Control, Research and Education
University of California
530 Parnassus Avenue, Suite 366
(1-415) 476 4683
(1-415) 514 9345
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Continue to provide research and programmatic support to WHO’s smoking in movies effort.
- Prepare briefing documents and educational materials on tobacco industry activities to be used by WHO in public education and public policy efforts.
- Provide short term training for individuals selected in collaboration with WHO and PAHO.
- Continue to provide research and support for WHO policy development on issues related to Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS).
- Maintain an open archive of relevant WHO documents through the University of California eScholarship initiative.
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Information dissemination
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
Ower: 6.3 - Evidence-based and ethical policies, strategies, recommendations, standards and guidelines developed, and technical support provided to Member States with a high or increasing burden of disease and death associated with tobacco use, enabling them to strengthen institutions in order to tackle or prevent the public health problems concerned; support also provided to the Conference of the Parties to the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control for implementation of the provisions of the Convention and development and implementation of protocols and guidelines
+41 22 79 14705
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork