Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Nursing Information, Knowledge Management and Sharing
Director / Head:
Dr Martha N. HILL
Dr Phyllis Sharps
Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing (IJHN)
Johns Hopkins School of Nursing
525 N. Wolfe Street
(1-410) 287 4745
(1-410) 614 8972
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Facilitate equitable access to information and scientific knowledge via appropriate and feasible technologies, for the promotion and support of global nursing and midwifery communities of practice and other ICT supported nursing activities.
- Promote the development of the Global Alliance for Nursing and Midwifery Initiative through facilitating and strengthening collaborative activities via ICT methodologies, including the leadership and maintenance of the Global Alliance for Nursing and Midwifery (GANM).
- Contribute to the growth, development and deployment of learning and informed online environments to improve nursing, health, and healthcare globally.
- Collaborate in the planning, conduction and dissemination of nursing and patient-centered research to improve health and nursing care though collection and analysis of the data, information and knowledge of nursing practice.
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 79 14314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork