Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Food Safety Risk Analysis
Director / Head:
Prof. Jianghong Meng
Joint Institute for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition (JIFSAN)
0220 Symons Hall University of Maryland
(1-301) 405 8382
(1-301) 405 8390
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- To educate & train public health scientists in the principles of food safety risk analysis.
- To foster & facilitate global communications& knowledge management of food safety risk analysis.
- To collaborate on & convene symposia& workshops in selected areas of food safety risk analysis of current interest & importance to scientists around the world.
- To participate in & encourage research related to food safety risk analysis.
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
VERGER Philippe Jean-Paul
+41 22 79 13053
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork