Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Advanced Practice Nursing
Director / Head:
Dr Elaine Larson
Dr Norma Hannigan
School of Nursing
630 West 168th Street, Box 6
(1-212) 305 3248
(1-212) 305 6937
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Collaborate with WHO to strengthen the human resources research and planning capacity among leading nursing education institutions in Haiti.
- Work with WHO in strengthening emergency preparedness and response capacities among key nursing groups training nursing leaders and integrating emergency
preparedness and response into curricula and national plans.
- In collaboration with WHO’s Strategic Directions for Strengthening Nursing and Midwifery Services 2007-2017, work on the development of guidelines to strengthen the schools of nursing that train, precept and supervise nurses who are HIV/AIDS primary care providers in heavily affected countries in Africa.
- Emergency & humanitarian action
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 79 14314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork