Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Occupational and Environmental Health
Director / Head:
Dr. Linda Forst
Great Lakes Center for Occupational & Environmental Safety & Health, School of Public Health
University of Illinois at Chicago
(1-312) 413 7369
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Support PAHO/WHO green development/green jobs initiatives by stuyding health impacts and developing standards
- Support education and training by maintaining a clearinghouse for training materials, developing new curriculum, and establishing programs that enhance occupational health knowledge and practice.
- Support WHO activities related to defining and coding occupational illnesses and injuries
- Collaboratively develop, implement, and evaluate programs to address the needs of vulnerable working populations with PAHO/WHO
- Support PAHO/WHO efforts to protect health care workers from workplace hazards through intervention projects and program evaluation
- Occupational health
Types of activity:
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
- Training and education
Ower: 8.3 - Technical assistance and support provided to Member States for strengthening national occupational and environmental health risk management systems, functions and services.
Ower: 8.2 - Technical support and guidance provided to Member States for the implementation of primary prevention interventions that reduce environmental hazards to health, enhance safety and promote public health, including in specific settings (e.g. workplaces, homes or urban settings) and among vulnerable population groups (e.g. children).
RODRIGUEZ GUZMAN Julietta
KORTUM Evelyn G.
+41 22 791 3531
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork