Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Occupational and Environmental Health
Director / Head:
Dr. Linda Forst
Great Lakes Center for Occupational & Environmental Safety & Health, School of Public Health
University of Illinois at Chicago
(1-312) 413 9898
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Support PAHO/WHO in capacity building for diagnosis of occupational diseases
- Provide technical assistance and coordination on the WHO GMP Priority 6: classification, diagnostic, and exposure criteria for occupational diseases.
- Support PAHO/WHO with education and training by maintaining a clearinghouse for training materials, developing new curriculum, and establishing programs that enhance occupational health knowledge and practice.
- Support PAHO/WHO in addressing climate change, work and environmental health approaches
- Provide support to PAHO/ WHO in advancing healthy housing and workers' health.
- Support WHO global and PAHO regional efforts to promote environmental sustainability and workers' health in health care settings.
- Occupational health
- Noncommunicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
- Environmental health and hazards other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
- Training and education
3.5.1 - Countries enabled to assess health risks and develop and implement policies, strategies or regulations for the prevention, mitigation and management of the health impacts of environmental and occupational risks
3.5.2 - Norms and standards established and guidelines developed for environmental and occupational health risks and benefits associated with, for example, air and noise pollution, chemicals, waste, water and sanitation, radiation, nanotechnologies and climate change
3.5.3 - Public health objectives addressed in implementation of multilateral agreements and conventions on the environment and in relation to the proposed sustainable development goals and the post-2015 development agenda
RODRIGUEZ GUZMAN Julietta
IVANOV Ivan Dimov
+41 22 791 5532
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork