Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research & Clinical Training in Nursing
Director / Head:
Dr Sally H. Rankin
Dr Pilar Bernal de Phelis
School of Nursing
University of California
2 Koret Way Box 0604
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Collaborate with WHO and PAHO to build nursing workforce capacity in nursing education to contribute to primary health care renewal.
- Collaborate with WHO and PAHO in the provision of mentorship in the area of graduate nursing education and research development, toward primary health care renewal.
- Collaborate with WHO and PAHO to strengthen and build nursing human resources capacity in prevention and control of tobacco use.
- Collaborate with WHO and PAHO in strengthening nursing human resources capacity in HIV/AIDS, with a focus on developing the scientific knowledge base about the disease, and on training nurses in the prevention of the disease, and to provide care to those living with and affected by the disease and their families.
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
WHO organization wide expected result:
13.3 - Human resource policies and practices in place to attract and retain top talent, promote learning and professional development, manage performance, and foster ethical behaviour.
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 79 14314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork