Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Drug Dependence
Director / Head:
Dr. Martin Adler
College on Problems of Drug Dependence (CPDD)
Temple University School of Medicine
3420 North Broad Street
(1-215) 707 3242
(1-215) 707 1904
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- To collaborate with WHO on research, education & training related to substance abuse.
- To provide technical input into WHO documents & publications related to diagnosis & treatment of substance use disorders as well as abuse potential of psychoactive substances.
- To provide data to WHO on specific psychoactive substances with regard to their dependence liability & abuse potential.
- To support WHO in its evaluation of psychoactive substances for international control.
- To advise on methods for assessing the benefit/risk ratio of psychoactive substances.
- To provide information relevant to the above-mentioned subjects to WHO for dissemination
- Substance abuse (including alcohol & drugs)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Information dissemination
POZNYAK Vladimir B.
+41 22 791 4307
GOLDNADEL MONTEIRO Maristela
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork