Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for International Nursing Development in Primary Health Care
Director / Head:
Dr. Linda L. McCreary
Dr Tonda L. Hughes
College of Nursing
University of Illinois at Chicago
845 South Damen Avenue (M/C 802), IL 60612-7350 -
(1-312) 996 8945
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To collaborate with WHO/PAHO in the dissemination of WHO/PAHO Primary Health Care program-based research findings and best practices to address Millennium Development Goals among policy makers, health care providers and consumers.
- To collaborate with WHO/PAHO in the facilitation of multidisciplinary research focused on PHC, education and practice with special emphasis on capacity building of nursing human resources.
- To collaborate with WHO/PAHO in developing education mechanisms to develop nursing and other human resources for health for multidisciplinary global PHC practice, education and research within the PAHO region.
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Training and education
Ower: 10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
Ower: 10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 79 14314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork