Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Diabetes Education, Translation and Computer Technology
Director / Head:
Dr Roger Mazze
International Diabetes Center
3800 Park Nicollet Blvd - MN 55416
(1-952) 993 1927
(1-952) 993 1302
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To provide in-depth training programs for health care professionals in developing countries & to assist WHO in diabetes management by exploring improved methods for the introduction of new, evidence-based approaches to patient care and education.
- To develop programs for diabetes educator professionals to provide quality local patient education programs & assist WHO in organizing training courses in diabetes education & management.
- To evaluate, develop, test and disseminate new computer technologies for communications, education and glucose monitoring for specific use in developing countries
- Health Technology (including laboratory services; but excluding blood safety)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 3.6 - Guidance and support provided to Member States to improve the ability of their health and social systems to prevent and manage chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+41 22 79 14306
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork