Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Training & Research in Mental Health and the Prevention of Substance Abuse
Director / Head:
Dr. Eugene Laska
Statistical Sciences & Epidemiology Division
The Nathan S. Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research
140 Old Orangeburg Road, Building 35
(1-845) 398 6589
(1-845) 398 6592
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- Continued promotion of information science technologies in the field of mental health program management & support systems; monitoring & assessment.
- Addressing the meeting of mental health needs on an international basis in a world that is more complex following natural & man-made disasters, & means to estimate future needs.
- Monitoring mental health needs in a world population that has become more mobile & migrant
- Refinement of tools & techniques to access the cultural competency of mental health service programs among diverse populations.
- Meeting the needs of uprooted homeless populations that are more prevalent today in the countries that have experienced political, military & natural distributions.
- Further refinement of methods to estimate population size in mental health facilities when available information is limited, records cannot be linked, or data is redundant.
- Developing collaboration among physicians in different countries who specialize in addiction & dual general psychiatric & addictive disorders.
- Promoting research in dual psychiatric & addictive disorder for an international audience.
- Mental health & neurosciences
- Substance abuse (including alcohol & drugs)
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Outbreaks and emergencies
+41 22 791 3625
RODRIGUEZ Jorge Jacinto
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork