Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference & Research on Viral Hepatitis
Director / Head:
Dr JOHN WARD
Dr Amy Kolwaite
Division of Viral Hepatitis
National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention
1600 Clifton Road, MailStop G-37
(1-404) 718 8513
(1-404) 371 5488
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To support WHO in forming partnerships for the implementation of the WHO Global Strategy on Viral Hepatitis and strengthening communications for this cause.
- 2. To work with WHO for generating relevant data for policy and action about viral hepatitis.
- 3. To contribute to WHO's efforts in preventing viral hepatitis transmission.
- 4. To collaborate with WHO in generating evidence based guidelines and tools for screening, care and treatment of viral hepatitis.
- Sexually transmitted diseases (excluding HIV/AIDS)
- Research policy & development
Types of activity:
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
WHO organization wide expected result:
1.7 - Member States and the international community equipped to detect, assess, respond to and cope with major epidemic and pandemic-prone diseases (e.g. influenza, meningitis, yellow fever, haemorrhagic fevers, plague and smallpox) through the development and implementation of tools, methodologies, practices, networks and partnerships for prevention, detection, preparedness and intervention.
1.4 - Policy and technical support provided to Member States in order to enhance their capacity to carry out surveillance and monitoring of all communicable diseases of public health importance.
HARMANCI Fatos Hande
+41 22 79 13407
CASTELLANOS Luis G
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork