Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research in Blood Lipids
Director / Head:
Dr Gary L. MYERS
Clinical Chemistry Branch, Division of Laboratory Sciences
National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
Mail Stop F25 4770 Buford Highway
(1-770) 488 4606
(1-770) 488 4192
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- To provide consultation on the determination of blood lipids, & exchange information on techniques of lipid determination.
- To produce & distribute reference & standard material & make it available to other centres.
- To provide guidance for the intra- & inter-laboratory control.
- To train medical & paramedical personnel.
- Cardiovascular diseases
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Standardization of terminology and nomenclature
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
MENDIS Shanthi P.B.
+41 22 79 13441
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork