Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Oral Health-General Health
Director / Head:
Dr Anthony Brooke
Professor Crispian Scully
School of Oral and Dental Sciences
University of Bristol
Lower Maudlin Street
0117 342 4301
0117 342 4443
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To assist WHO ORH in development of national and local community activities in relation to people with immune defects affected by orofacial manifestations, including HIV/AIDS, as a framework for strengthening preventive and treatment activities as emphasized by WHA60.17
- 2. To provide scientific evidence for strategies related to improving oral health in people with immune defects
- 3. To assist WHO ORH in development of a network of units and specialists worldwide, with WHO CC as hub, in the drive to improve oral health and develop cutting edge preventive approaches for people with immune defects.
- 4. To assist WHO ORH in development of care pathways to achieve the principal aims of improving oral health in people with immune defects, including approaches to collaboration between oral health care providers, primary health workers, and specialists in infection and immunity.
- 5. To enable WHO ORH in sharing of experiences across countries by development of on-line oral health training programmes for care teams caring for oral health of people with immune defects.
- Oral health
Types of activity:
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
6.1 - Advice and support provided to Member States to build their capacity for health promotion across all relevant programmes, and to establish effective multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaborations for promoting health and preventing or reducing major risk factors.
PETERSEN Poul Erik
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork