Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Quality Assessment in Haematology
Director / Head:
Professor Keith Hyde
United Kingdom National External Quality Assessment Scheme for General Haematology UK NEQAS(H)
Watford General Hospital
PO Box 14
(44-1923) 217 878
(44-1923) 217 879
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To organize the periodic dispatch of appropriate haematology EQA material to IEQAS ( H) registered participants for testing and to assess the individual results they obtain.
- To assist IEQAS (H) registered participants to improve their individual performance through an appropriate feedback mechanism.
- To compile the results & analyze them globally & regionally & per technology.
- To monitor the individual and collective progress of participant laboratories over time.
- To assist in the training of laboratory staff, particularly in the organization of quality assurance in haematology, within the capacity of the centre's laboratory.
- To encourage & assist participants to develop national external quality assessment schemes in their countries.
- Health Technology (including laboratory services; but excluding blood safety)
- Blood Transfusion Safety and Blood Products
Types of activity:
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
- Provision of reference substances and other services
WHO organization wide expected result:
11.3 - Evidence based policy guidance on promoting scientifically sound and cost-effective use of medical products and technologies by health workers and consumers developed and supported within the Secretariat and regional and national programmes.
VERCAUTEREN Gaby Henriette
+41 22 79 14728
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork