Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research on Oral Health in Deprived Communities
Director / Head:
Professor Cynthia Pine
Department of Clinical Dental Sciences, School of Dentistry
University of Liverpool
(44-151) 706 5030 and 0161 295 6393
(44-161) 295 2368
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- To develop the evidence base and provide guidance on and evaluation of effective oral health education and oral health promotion interventions.
- To contribute to Community Health Practice by evaluating mechanisms to re-orientate dental health services from a disease-reparative paradigm to a health-promoting paradigm.
- To deliver training in dental public health, community health practice and research
- To promote new approaches to integrating the work of those working with children and young people in health, education and social care to enhance health and reduce inequalities
Types of activity:
- Coordination of activities carried out by several institutions (e.g. other WHO collaborating centres)
- Training and education
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
PETERSEN Poul Erik
+41 22 79 13475
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork