Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Protection of Water Quality and Human Health
Director / Head:
Dr Steve Pedley
Dr Katherine Pond
Robens Centre for Public and Environmental Health (RCPEH), Centre for Environmental Health and Engineering (CEHE)
University of Surrey
+ 44 (1483) 68 99 35
+ 44 (1483) 25 99 71
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To inform and support further development of WHO approaches to water quality monitoring and surveillance.
- To support development of guidance for small scale water supply annd sanitation systems.
- To provide emergency response support.
- Water & sanitation
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Training and education
3.5.1 - Country capacity strengthened to assess health risks, develop and implement policies, strategies or regulations for the prevention, mitigation and management of the health impacts of environmental risks
3.5.2 - Norms, standards and guidelines to define environmental and occupational health risks and benefits associated with air quality, chemicals, water and sanitation, radiation, nanotechnologies, and climate change
Ower: 8.6 - Evidence-based policies, strategies and recommendations developed, and technical support provided to Member States for identifying, preventing and tackling public health problems resulting from climate change.
+49 228 8150476
GORDON Bruce Allan
+41 22 791 2728
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork