Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Palliative Care
Director / Head:
Professor Bee WEE
Sir Michael Sobell House
Sir Michael Sobell House, Churchill Hospital
(44-01865) 225 896
(44-01865) 225 599
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To assist in building capacity for leadership, in-service training, undergraduate and postgraduate education, and leadership in lower income countries.
- To collaborate with other countries in developing research and education that will facilitate translation of knowledge into action in lower income countries, in a way that is effective and affordable.
- To assist in the evaluation, update, development or adaptation of guidelines and educational material to support lower income countries.
- To work with the WHO in developing a collaborative network of WHO Collaborative Centres, relevant institutions and organisations to strengthen support for palliative care, particularly in the European region and lower income countries.
- Noncommunicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
- Health systems research & development
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Collection and collation of information
Ower: 3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+41 22 791 3360
FARRINGTON Jill Louise
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork