Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Testing of Insecticidal Application Equipment
Director / Head:
Dr Graham MATTHEWS
International Pesticide Application Research Centre (IPARC)
Imperial College at Silwood Park
Silwood Park, Buckhurst Road, Ascot, Berkshire
(44-207) 5942 234
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To continue to carry out bench & field tests on insecticide application equipment as requested by WHO, for confirmation with WHO specifications or for providing data for the development of new WHO specifications, or for assessment of their suitability for use in vector control programmes.
- To provide WHO, as requested, technical information & advice on: a) the design, construction & performance of various types of vector control equipment as well as laboratory & field testing results as available; b) vector control equipment testing protocols & procedures as available; c) vector control equipment specifications & other related subjects of interest to both parties as available & agreed upon.
- To provide consultancy assistance to WHO as & when required and mutually agreed upon in each case in the various specialized areas of vector control methodology, materials and equipment of interest to both parties.
- Vector biology & control
Types of activity:
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Information dissemination
Ower: 1.3 - Effective coordination and support provided to Member States in order to provide access for all populations to interventions for the prevention, control, elimination and eradication of neglected tropical diseases, including zoonotic diseases.
+41 22 791 1868
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork