Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Testing of Insecticidal Application Equipment
Director / Head:
Dr Graham MATTHEWS
International Pesticide Application Research Centre (IPARC)
Imperial College at Silwood Park
Silwood Park Ascot, Berkshire
(44-207) 5942 234
(44-207) 5942 450
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To carry out bench & field tests on insecticide application equipment as requested by WHO, for confirmation with WHO specifications or for providing data for the development of new WHO specifications, or for assessment of their suitability for use in vector control programmes.
- To provide WHO, as requested, technical information & advice on: a) the design, construction & performance of various types of vector control equipment as well as laboratory & field testing results as available; b) vector control equipment testing protocols & procedures as available; c) vector control equipment specifications & other related subjects of interest to both parties as available & agreed upon.
- To provide consultancy assistance to WHO as & when required and mutually agreed upon in each case in the various specialized areas of vector control methodology, materials and equipment of interest to both parties.
- To provide instruction or information to WHO fellows on vector control equipment, testing methodology & procedures utilized at IPARC as available and mutually agreed upon in each case.
- Vector biology & control
Types of activity:
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Information dissemination
WHO organization wide expected result:
1.3 - Effective coordination and support provided to Member States in order to provide access for all populations to interventions for the prevention, control, elimination and eradication of neglected tropical diseases, including zoonotic diseases.
+41 22 79 11868
EJOV Mikhail Nicolaevich
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork