Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Training and Research in Blood Transfusion
Director / Head:
Dr Mariem Rabeh
Dr May Yassin Raouf
Department of Blood Transfusion and Research Services
Sharjah Blood Transfusion and Research Centre
University Road, Muwaleeh City, P.O. Box 2605
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
+971 6 5582111
+971 6 5388717
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1.To provide high-level advocacy, financial, technical and logistics support as requested by WHO in the strengthening of national blood systems based on WHO guidelines and recommendations at regional and global levels.
- 2. To provide education and training through continuing medical education programmes and scientific activities in transfusion medicine and science for professionals for priority countries worldwide.
- 3. To assist WHO in improving the coverage, quality and validation of blood safety data collected from countries and in strengthening national capacity on data management and research in the field of blood and transfusion safety.
- 4.To assist in the development, evaluation, pilot testing, translation and dissemination of WHO tools and materials.
- Blood Transfusion Safety and Blood Products
- Patient safety
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Collection and collation of information
1.1.2 - Increased capacity of countries to deliver key hepatitis interventions through active engagement in policy dialogue, development of normative guidance and tools, dissemination of strategic information, and provision of technical support
4.2.3 - Countries enabled to improve patient safety and quality of services, and patient empowerment within the context of universal health coverage
4.3.1 - Countries enabled to develop or update, implement, monitor and evaluate national policies on better access to medicines and other health technologies; and to strengthen their evidence-based selection and rational use
+41 22 791 2607
ABDELLA Yetmgeta Eyayou
+202 227 65395
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork