Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Traditional Medicine
Director / Head:
Dr Mohammad Kamil
Zayed Complex for Herbal research and Traditional Medicine (ZCHRTM)
P.O Box 29300 -
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To collect data on Traditional Medicines & Complementary Medicines (TM/CAM) policies and regulatory in UAE and then Gulf countries, and provide support to WHO in this regard.
- 2. To strengthen research on herbal medicine to improve safety, quality and efficacy to herbal products, and conduct international seminars on herbal medicine research in collaboration with WHO.
- 3. To mobilize fund to support WHO for developing tools on publications on TM/CAM.
- Traditional medicine
Types of activity:
- Coordination of activities carried out by several institutions (e.g. other WHO collaborating centres)
- Information dissemination
Ower: 10.1 - Management and organization of integrated, population-based health-service delivery through public and nonpublic providers and networks improved, reflecting the primary health care strategy, scaling up coverage, equity, quality and safety of personal and population-based health services, and enhancing health outcomes.
Ower: 10.2 - National capacities for governance and leadership improved through evidence-based policy dialogue, institutional capacity-building for policy analysis and development, strategy-based health system performance assessment, greater transparency and accountability for performance, and more effective intersectoral collaboration.
EVERARD Marthe M.
+254 20 7623197
+41 22 79 13698
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork