Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research & Training in the Service Aspects of Family Planning
Director / Head:
Dr Sevkat Bahar Ozvaris
Dr Bahar Guciz Dogan
Department of Public Health
Hacettepe University Medical School
(90-312) 324 3975 / 324 4623
(90-312) 311 0072
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- I. Conduct research and training activities on important reproductive health topics and employ research strategically as a means to direct the attention of relevant partners.
- II. Widely disseminate research procedures and results in the forms of publications, meetings, community programs and in media
- III. Based on results of the researches, advocate for changing the reproductive health policies, implement and evaluate the intervention programs, in order to remove the barriers and improve the provision and quality of reproductive health services, in the region and context of Turkey
- Reproductive health (excluding HIV/AIDS)
- Child & maternal health
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 4.2 - National research capacity strengthened as necessary and new evidence, products, technologies, interventions and delivery approaches of global and/or national relevance available to improve maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health, to promote active and healthy ageing, and to improve sexual and reproductive health.
Ower: 4.3 - Guidelines, approaches and tools for improving maternal care applied at the country level, including technical support provided to Member States for intensified action to ensure skilled care for every pregnant woman and every newborn, through childbirth and the postpartum and postnatal periods, particularly for poor and disadvantaged populations, with progress monitored.
Ower: 4.7 - Guidelines, approaches and tools made available, with provision of technical support to Member States for accelerated action towards implementing the strategy to accelerate progress towards the attainment of international development goals and targets related to reproductive health, with particular emphasis on ensuring equitable access to good-quality sexual and reproductive health services, particularly in areas of unmet need, and with respect for human rights as they relate to sexual and reproductive health.
+45 45 33 67 60
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork