Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Quality Control of Medicines with a Focus on Training, Research & Evaluation of Marketing Applications
Director / Head:
Dr KALLEL Mohamed Kallel
National Laboratory for Drugs Control
11 bis rue Jebel Lakhdar Bab Saadoun.
(216-71) 570 117
(216-71) 571 015
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- Setting of standardization & procedures in Quality Assurance System.
By giving opportunities to receive trainees in the antidoping control laboratory which is WADA accredited.
- Exchanges of scientific & technical information between other collaborating centers.
This may be developped in analytical chemistry area.
- Interlaboratories collaborative studies regarding the quality control of drug substances (Proficiency Testing Scheme).
Like the WHO external quality assurance assessment.
- Research training/Rational research & development.
By receiving trainees in chemistry/antidoping area.
- Analysis of samples on the request of WHO (quality control of drug substances & drug products).
- Organizing training courses with the collaboration of WHO.
- in drug evaluation,
- in vaccine evaluation.
- Host trainees for the evaluation of pharmaceutical files & the analytical control of medicinal, biological and vaccine produtcs.
- Pharmaceuticals (including essential drugs and medicines)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
Ower: 11.1 - Formulation and monitoring of comprehensive national policies on access, quality and use of essential medical products and technologies advocated and supported.
BIN SHAHNA Mohamed Ahmed
+41 22 79 13561
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork