Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training on Epidemiology
Director / Head:
Assoc. Prof. Tippawan Liabsuetrakul
Prof. Virasakdi Chongsuvivatwong
Epidemiology Unit, Faculty of Medicine
Prince of Songkla University
Kanjanawanich Road, No 15
66 74 451165
66 74 429754
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Provide epidemiology training to health professionals including development of tools for research methodology and data management.
- Provide backup support for operational and epidemiological studies.
- Promote multi-center epidemiological studies.
- Research policy & development
- Communicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
- Reproductive health (excluding HIV/AIDS)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Development and application of appropriate technology
WHO organization wide expected result:
1.3 - Effective coordination and support provided to Member States in order to provide access for all populations to interventions for the prevention, control, elimination and eradication of neglected tropical diseases, including zoonotic diseases.
1.4 - Policy and technical support provided to Member States in order to enhance their capacity to carry out surveillance and monitoring of all communicable diseases of public health importance.
10.6 - National health research for development of health systems strengthened in the context of regional and international research and engagement of civil society.
+41 22 79 13861
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork