Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Center for Research and Training on Viral Zoonoses
Director / Head:
Professor Thiravat Hemachudha
Dr Supaporn Wacharapluesadee
Department of Medicine, Neurovirology Division, Faculty of Medicine
Rama IV Road
+662-2564000 ext. 3561, 3562
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To provide technical expertise to Member countries in referral services for supporting investigation of viral zoonoses on request of WHO.
- To conduct national and international training/workshop on viral zoonoses in collaboration with WHO and international partners including networking.
- To contribute in generating evidence-based information by participating in research projects on viral zoonoses in partnership with WHO and international agencies.
- Viral diseases other than those specifically mentioned
- Health Technology (including laboratory services; but excluding blood safety)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Information dissemination
1.4.2 - Implementation and monitoring of neglected tropical disease control interventions facilitated by evidence-based technical guidelines and technical support
1.4.3 - New knowledge, solutions and implementation strategies that respond to the health needs of disease-endemic countries developed through strengthened research and training
5.2.2 - Standing capacity to provide expert guidance and lead global networks and systems to anticipate, prevent and control epidemic and pandemic diseases
+41 22 791 2072
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork