Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research on Rabies Pathogenesis and Prevention
Director / Head:
Prof Visith Sitprija
Dr Pakmanee Narumol
Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute
Thai Red Cross Society
1871 Rama IV Road
(66-2) 252 0161-4
(66-2) 254 0212
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To conduct basic research on various aspects of rabies as applied to prevention & control of rabies.
- To undertake clinical studies on rabies vaccines to enhance their immunogenicity & cost-effectiveness.
- To refine production technologies for rabies immunoglobulins to improve their safety & efficacy.
- To support & facilitate implementation of WHO Regional Rabies Control Programme including training & information exchange activities.
Types of activity:
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
- Development and application of appropriate technology
Ower: 1.3 - Effective coordination and support provided to Member States in order to provide access for all populations to interventions for the prevention, control, elimination and eradication of neglected tropical diseases, including zoonotic diseases.
+41 22 79 12072
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork