Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research on Rabies Pathogenesis and Prevention
Director / Head:
Prof Visith Sitprija
Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute
Thai Red Cross Society
1871 Rama IV Road
(66-2) 252 0161-4
(66-2) 254 0212
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To conduct basic research on various aspects of rabies as applied to prevention & control of rabies.
- To undertake clinical studies on rabies vaccines to enhance their immunogenicity & cost-effectiveness.
- To refine production technologies for rabies immunoglobulins to improve their safety & efficacy.
- To support & facilitate implementation of WHO Regional Rabies Control Programme including training & information exchange activities.
Types of activity:
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
- Development and application of appropriate technology
1.4.2 - Implementation and monitoring of neglected tropical disease control interventions facilitated by evidence-based technical guidelines and technical support
1.4.3 - New knowledge, solutions and implementation strategies that respond to the health needs of disease-endemic countries developed through strengthened research and training
+41 22 79 12072
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork